Sunday, April 15, 2012

Winner: Feeding Time...























An Endangered Rothschild Giraffe enjoys being fed by a girl at Giraffe Manor in Kenya.





























 Star Gazing at Crater Lake

Here on my first time visit to Crater Lake National Park, I wanted to leave with an image that I could look back on and remember the experience. I was with a friend taking pictures also, and before I took the picture, I called over to him and said, "Hey man, watch this!" With a laugh, I spread my arms out and fell backwards into the snow. A second later, the camera timer clicked the shutter and the long exposure began. After the shutter clicked back closed, I stayed on the ground for a good while staring up mesmerized by all the sparkling stars overhead.





























 Who Let The Tigers Out

Pullikali artists painted as tigers transform the road into a carnival on 26th August 2010 at Thrissur, Kerala. Puli Kali also known as Kaduvakali is a colorful recreational folk art from the state of Kerala. It is performed by trained artists to entertain people on the occasion of Onam, an annual harvest festival, celebrated mainly in the Indian state of Kerala. On the fourth day of Onam celebrations (Nalaam Onam), performers painted like tigers and hunters in bright yellow, red, and black dance to the beats of instruments like Udukku and Thakil































No comments:

Post a Comment