Sunday, January 22, 2012

“Bunnylicious” .

bloglovin
Add caption

“Bow Tie Pasta Posted on January 18, 2012 by Roxanna Bina Even the pasta I eat is in a bow shape. But all kidding aside, these wearable Farfelle Bowtie by Japanese design studio Microworks are pretty awesome! Dudes could wear it on their neck and the ladies can wear it on their heads! The best part is that they are so glossy and slick and (al dente) and you can use it over and over again. I believe these run about $40, but not sure where you can pick one up. I went on the website and they didn’t have a shopping cart set up. Sooooooooo, if you have any info on how to get one of these, please drop me a message or comment below. I’d like to get one.  Mangia! Mangia! This would go great with that Moschino 2006 Pasta collection. photos: Like Cool Posted in and this is what I live for..., Art, awesome, BOWS!, cool, cute, hair, moschino | Tagged 2006, accessories, barrette, bow, bowtie, farfelle, hair, hair clip, italian, japan, japanese, microworks, moschino, pasta, roxanna bina | Leave a comment DPA Gift Suite- Golden Globes 2012 Posted on January 17, 2012 by Roxanna Bina Nathalie Dubois-Sissoko It was a lovely Saturday afternoon when I went to a luxury gift suite run by Nathalie Dubois-Sissoko for the 2012 Golden Globes. Held on the rooftop of the post Luxe Hotel on Rodeo in Beverly Hills, the suite had lots of unique goodies for the stars of the show. The most luxurious gift given to a few lucky stars was an all-expense trip to French Polynesia at the following resorts: St. Regis Bora Bora  , Le Tahaa private island resort and spa, Tikehau Pearl beach resort. Spectacular! So many cool brands were at the DPA gift suite this year- everything from jewelry to evening gowns to hair care to cupcakes(!) were present. Even beauty treatments and massages were given during all three days of the suite. Here are a few of my favorites from the suite: Ever get sick of wearing the same boots over and over again? Well, with CovFurs you can switch it up by placing these fun fur covers over your boot to change the look. My fave is the animal print, naturally, since I’m a cat lady! If you want something casual, yet chic, yet comfy… look no further than Eva Varro. Fun prints in slinky fabrics make this designer one of my faves at the suite. If you’re in Santa Monica, check out their store at the Santa Monica Mall. Straight from New Zealand is a unique line of skin care and wellness products that the Duchess of Cambridge herself is a fan of-  Manuka Doctor. Utilizing bee venom in some of their products actually plumps skin smooth. A nice alternative who think botox is icky.  They also have a nice honey that goes perfect in tea. Part vintage-inspired, part classic Hollywood, Norwegian designer Cecilie Melli brought glamour to the suite in the form of evening gowns, jewelry and (my fave!) bejeweled peter pan collars. There was one in particular that caught my eye- a peter pan collar fashioned out of pearl and finished with a pink ribbon. So cute! If you’re looking for a high quality, organic haircare line then look no further than Luxury Organic Haircare by Evolvh. Based out of San Francisco, this line promises to make your hair feel its healthiest and look good, too. Vbeauté luxury beauty products gifted stars with their airplane friendly skin care line called ‘The It Kit’. Perfectly set up to go through the security line, this travel kit has all you need- facial wash, moisturizer, toner and a few others. Great for the jet-set. I was super excited to see  Magnolia Bakery at the suite since I know their cakes from NYC. I always get the Snicker’s Ice Box pie to put me in a sugar coma whenever I visit NYC, but I don’t have to wait anymore! Magnolia Bakery is now open on W.3rd Street in Los Angeles. Woohoo! Check out their cupcakes, pies, and baked goods all in a nostalgic setting that a Stepford Wife would swoon over. Ever wanted to have a taste of cake but didn’t want the whole slice (or cake)? Well,  Nibnobs Sweet Co. has that covered. These little ‘Nibnobs’ have the right amount of frosting, cake all dipped in chocolate all conveniently shaped into bite-sized pieces for your popping pleasure. A wide range of cakes are offered including my fave, Red velvet, carrot cake and chocolate mint. MMMMMM! Stars were gifted a session at Edge Neurofitness,which is a program designed to reduce stress levels, anxiety and just maintain good brain function. It’s really easy, you just wear a pair of special goggles with lights in it and watch a screen. Brainwaves are then recorded and translated for you so you can reach your full potential, whether it’s at sports, performing, or just everyday function. I wonder if cats can benefit from this (I’m looking at you Ms. Coco- she’s skittish). Lovely looseleaf teas were provide by  Paris-based company Kusmi. I really love their teas because they are so aromatic, flavorful and also offer a wellness line.  If you ever get a chance to have Kusmi tea- do it, man…. and don’t look back.  Another tea company was on hand called  Siptea , which specializes in herbal teas. Halo By Geisha Fabulous gifted stars with these incredibly simple, yet beautiful headbands that resemble ‘halos’. If you pile them on, like 5 or 6, it really makes a cool fashion statement. I’ll be wearing mine with a messy bun. And finally, the African Millennium Foundation was on hand to create awareness about the sustainable village in Mozambique for orphaned children by AIDS. Handmade jewelry is sold to benefit this charitable effort. I always look forward to Nathalie’s suites- always, unique, luxurious and on the fore-front! Until next time…. -I’m wearing a vintage plaid jacket from Lip Service; plaid pants by Espirit; plaid skirt made my mom when I was 5; shirt from the depths of my closet; shoes are the ones I made with glitter and rhinestones; necklace by Betsey Johnson, headband by Forever 21, bracelet from this ghetto beauty shop in East LA and handbag by Chanel- photos: moi, Kerstin Alm  Posted in awesome, cool, what i wore | Tagged 2012, african millennium foundation, AIDS, award season, awards, awards show, bakery, beach, beauty, bee venom, betsey johnson, Beverly Hills, bite-sized, boots, bora bora, brainwaves, cake, cecilie melli, celebrities, celebs, chanel, charity, covfurs, cupcakes, DPA, dress, dresses, edge neurofitness, espirit, eva varro, evening, evolvh, forever 21, french polynesia, geisha fabulous, gift suite, glamour, golden globes, gowns, hair, haircare, halo, headbands, hollywood, honey, hotel, jewelry, kerstin alm, kusmi, la tahaa, lip service, lounge, luxe, luxury, magnolia bakery, manuka doctor, mozambique, ms. coco, Nathalie DuBois- Sissoko, neurofeedback, new zealand, nibnobs, nibnobs sweet co, organic, orphans, pamper, paris, peter pan collar, resort, rodeo, roxanna bina, santa monica, shampoo, siptea, skin care, snicker's ice box pie, spa, st. regis, stars, tea, the it kit, trips, tukehau pearl, vbeaute, vintage, wellness | Leave a comment Bergdorf’s Holiday Windows Posted on January 16, 2012 by Roxanna Bina Here is part deux and final post of my NYC trip. These are the windows of Bergdorf Goodman. Whenever I visit NYC, I make sure I go to the 3 B’s… Barney’s, Bergdorf’s and (Henri) Bendel’s. The windows are fantastic during the holidays and is one of my favorite things about the city. My favorite window has to be the taxidermy mice in the second photo- those must be Judith Leiber purses. I love mice and mice love me. Not really, but I think they’re cute. They’re little beings nibbling on cheese and whatnot. They could totally live in the wall and use a sardine can as their bed. I’ve been watching too much Tom & Jerry. In actuality, if I saw one, I’d freak the f*ck out. Anyway, the windows at Bergdorf are all pretty much a vitrine of WTF with a beautiful dress thrown in there. I love it. photos: moi Posted in and this is what I live for..., Art, awesome, cool | Tagged 5th ave, art, barneys, bergdorf goodman, christmas, couture, fifth ave, henri bendel, holiday, judith leiber, mice, mouse, New york city, NYC, taxidermy, tom and jerry, window display, windows | Leave a comment Lady Gaga x Barney’s Posted on January 13, 2012 by Roxanna Bina I know I’m super late on posting this but I was busy being lazy on the couch in my robe for the holiday break. Seriously, there were days where the only interaction I had was with my computer, cats, a six year old boy and the husband. Yeah. It was paradise. Anywho, after a strong cuppa tea, I’m back and ready to share with you my trip to NYC that I took earlier in December. I’m splitting it into 2 posts, so here goes it: I visited the Lady Gaga shop within Barney’s on Madison Ave. I have to say, for an unattractive chick, she’s really gone far. Her voice and talent playing piano is pretty good in my opinion, but I feel like it’s deja -vu …but only because my ass is old and Madonna was really the voice of my generation. At least Madonna was hawt. Anywho, having said that, I beseech any little monsters from writing me hate mail because a)I  really don’t  give an eff and b) I’m entitled to my opinion just like how Madonna ‘loathes’ hydrangeas and c)you can use that time instead to glue gun prosthetics to your head.  Moving on, here are some photos from the Gaga’s Workshop. I didn’t see any elves or Chinese children working there, but I did come across a lot of security, strangely. By the way, I am wearing a vintage silver fox ‘Michelin’ Man fur coat (I buy all my fur vintage, as to not support current fur manufacturers). I embellished the coat with satin, olive green bows (of course!). Boots by Hunter. Scarf by Burberry. Woolen hat was custom-made Brooklyn’s Knit-head. It’s a Union Jack in pink, green, and white with a mohawk fringe. photos: moi Posted in bleh, hair, This is Art?, vintage, we'll hang this on the fridge for you, what i wore | Tagged barneys, brooklyn, christmas, gaga's workshop, hunter, hydrangeas, knit-head, knitwear, lady gaga, little monsters, madonna, michelin man, mohawk, New york city, NYC, pop-up, pop-up shop, roxanna bina, vintage, wool | Leave a comment Doll Parts Posted on January 12, 2012 by Roxanna Bina Only the Japanese would think a chick with doll legs is sexy! Who am I am kidding? I would totally wear these stockings with my Lolita Goth outfit I bought in Harajuku 10 years ago.  I always loved that ‘doll’ look- I even wear bows in my head because of it. But it’s getting harder and harder to get away with that look with a six year boy standing next to you saying, ‘Mommy, you look weird. Make me a snack.’ In any case, you can order these gems  here. I wonder if the crotch is anatomical or not.  photos: Who Killed Bambi? Posted in and this is what I live for..., Art, awesome, cute, That's because it's Japanese, weird | Tagged barbie, doll, doll parts, dolls, goth, gothic, harajuku, japan, japanese, legs, lolita, lolita goth, look like a doll, pantyhose, roxanna bina, stockings, tights | Leave a comment Melt with You… in Texas Posted on January 11, 2012 by Roxanna Bina   Artist Herb Williams used countless Crayola crayons to make his latest art installation in  Lubbock, Texas at theNational Ranching Heritage Center. The  Unwanted Visitor: Portrait Of Wildfire is on display with crayons that change shape with the weather. Under the sun, these 5 sculptures melt creating a fire-like aesthetic or like Heidi Montag’s face. Williams wanted to bring to attention the wildfires affecting Texas. He should have also put up up some crayon redneck, roadkill, and The Bush Family to bring attention to the true Texas. Anywho, I used to take my son’s broken, old, unwrapped crayons and put them in muffin pans and bake them at 350 F for about 10 minutes. They used to come out like big discs for cool coloring projects. photos: Honestly WTF? Posted in Art, bleh, weird | Tagged art, bush, crayola, crayons, heidi montag, herb williams, installation, lubbock, melting, national ranching heritage center, redneck, roxanna bina, texas, unwanted visitor: Portrait of Wildfire | Leave a comment Inflatable Skull Dress Posted on January 10, 2012 by Roxanna Bina Manon Kündig showed his collection at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp Show 2011 that was inspired by inflatable pieces. Besides looking like a walking fun house, all these pieces are sure to guarantee you safe from drowning. Yay. The most impressive out of the bunch was an inflatable skull dress. Inflated, the dress looks like Kelly Ripa when she smiles (when does she not ever smile?) and deflated, the dress looks like Kris Humphries (or a Neanderthal).  Anywho, check out more photos of the show here. photos: Who killed Bambi?, James St. James Posted in bad ass, effed up, hella fug, weird | Tagged 2011, antwerp, art, avant-guarde, bizarre, dress, fashion, inflatable skull dress, kelly ripa, kirs humphries, manon kundig, men, neanderthal, roxanna bina, royal academy of fine arts, skull, skulls | Leave a comment Greetings from Disneyland! Posted on January 9, 2012 by Roxanna Bina   I recently went to Disneyland in Anaheim, California (Gwen Stefani’s hometown) and got to see the park all decorated for the holidays. It was really, really beautiful! The castle was covered in lights and twinkled like Miss Mimi’s eyes when she sees chicken. it happened to be pouring rain all day, but that didn’t stop us from seeing the deranged It’s A Small World Ride and Minnie’s hood. Because it was so wet out, my hair decided to go all Nick Nolte on me, so forgive me for that. Anywho, methinks I should’ve worn the dress by Lazy Oaf  below: But then I thought it would be disrespectful to the Mrs. Minnie Mouse. Just wanted to share some photos of a lovely rainy day at Disneyland! Here’s a little ‘couture in a teacup’ (below in the Mad Hatter’s teacup) all pinked out. Cheers! xoxo, roxy photos: Kingdom of Style, moi Posted in and this is what I live for..., awesome, CATS!!!!!!!, cool, cute | Tagged 2011, alice in wonderland, anaheim, breakfast at tiffany's, december, disney, disneyland, dress, gwen stefani, holidays, lazy oaf, mad hatter, mickey, minnie mouse, miss mimi, miss piggy, mouse, muppets, nick nolte, roxanna bina, teacup | Leave a comment ”

Read more about Teacups & Couture | Fashion can be fupe. on:
http://teacupsandcouture.com/?utm_source=INK&utm_medium=copy&utm_campaign=share&

No comments:

Post a Comment